Position – Care Assistant
Purpose of position:
To take responsibility and to share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of Service Users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and to help in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
- To assist residents who require help with getting up in the morning, undressing, washing, bathing and toileting.
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence: help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To care for residents who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding etc.
- To help care for residents who are dying.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds. Tidy rooms: do light cleaning and empty commodes.
- To inspect, launder and mend residents clothing.
- To set tables and trays: Serve meals: feed Residents who need help: prepare light meals and wash up, tidy and clear the dining areas.
- To answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone and also to greet visitors.
- To read and write reports: Take part in Staff and residents meetings, training and activities as directed.
- To perform such other duties as may be reasonably required.
- To comply with the home’s guidelines and policies always.
- To report to the home manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a resident
- To encourage Residents to be as independent as possible
Salary: £7.20 /hour
- Caring: 1 year